Employment Law For Business
“Brown & Co Solicitors has provided an excellent and professional legal service. Our company can confidently recommend it as experts in its field …”
Running a business efficiently means keeping on top of the employment issues that matter. With the right processes in place, you:
- Are more likely to have productive and stable relationships with your employees
- Will avoid costly and time consuming tribunal litigation
- Will avoid time-consuming investigations by outside agencies such as the Health and Safety Executive
Your In-House Legal Service
Because we also sometimes represent individual employees in disputes with employers, we are in the ideal position to see things objectively and provide realistic proposals. We also offer a cost-effective retainer service. Without the financial commitment of a full-time in-house lawyer you get access to our experts who are on hand to provide advice on a wide range of issues, including recruitment, disciplinary and grievance issues, redundancy, TUPE, special projects, and sickness and holiday issues.
What We Do
Brown & Co Solicitors represents businesses of all sizes in a wide range of sectors in Greenwich and throughout London. We understand that, in a competitive environment, dealing with legal issues is not usually the priority. But we work efficiently, with one eye always on the value our advice will add to your core business.
Our work includes:
- Employment disputes — Representation in employment tribunal cases including unfair dismissal, discrimination, TUPE, pay, changing terms and conditions and redundancy disputes.
- Settlement agreements — Drafting and negotiating terms so that your future position is protected fully.
- Restrictive covenants — Ensuring the limitations you place on an employee who leaves your company are legally enforceable.
Workplace Mediation And Avoiding Disputes
Brown & Co Solicitors has experienced and qualified mediators who effectively mediate in workplace disputes, reducing the time and expense that is often incurred if a full-scale tribunal case gets underway.
We work closely with clients to ensure that they avoid disputes where possible. The guidance we give includes:
- Documentation — We draft and review existing terms and conditions, staff handbooks and other documentation to ensure you are operating within the law.
- Organisational support — We spend time within your business, reviewing systems, policies, procedures and processes, and recommend how they can be strengthened and made fit for purpose.
- Training and development — We provide bespoke in house training on the employment law issues that affect your business.
- HR support — We have experienced HR professionals who can support you in your day-to-day business issues.
Call us on 020 3468 0924 or complete the form below.